In response to Gov. Walz Executive Order 20-20 resulting in the continuation of the closure of all Fitness Centers, the Redwood Area Community Center will remain closed through May 1st. No access into the building will be allowed (including 24/7 card member holders). With the uncertainty as to when we will reopen, there may be some more adjustments as to how we are handling our memberships. We will make sure we communicate that once decisions are made.
How we will address memberships:
- Continuous memberships (12-month ACH) will not see an automatic withdraw on April 15th (may also include May 15th). If you have fulfilled your membership terms (12-months), you have the option to cancel your membership.
- A 6-month ACH membership will also not see a withdraw on April 15th (may also include May 15th). We will extend your membership and payment for one or two months (depending on length of closure) extra to ensure you still get your 6-month membership fulfilled.
- 1-month memberships will be extended the days missed due to the closure.
- Memberships purchased in full will have their membership extended two months.
- All membership punch passes and fitness punch cards will be extended two months.
24/7 access cards will be extended to ensure they are in line with your membership.
The Parks and Recreation Department is reminding everyone that we are still planning to start summer recreation and aquatic center registration online at 5:00a on Monday, April 6th. No in-house registration or pool passes will be sold at this time. Registrations will be accepted over the phone and must be paid via credit card or gift card.
Those that are interested in a Community Youth Foundation Scholarship are asked to go to our website at www.redwoodareacommunitycenter.com and download the application and return through the mail or via a drop box set-up in the lobby entrance in the west side of the building. If unable to print documents, please call the RACC to set up alternate arrangements.
The Redwood Area Community Center will be hosting the American Red Cross Blood Mobile on April 13th & 14th from 12:30-6:30p. Blood supplies are low so please consider giving blood in this time of need.
During this time, all youth and adult programs and activities held at the RACC are canceled. This includes Group Fitness Classes, Silver Sneaker Classes, & Bone Builders. All adult league registration forms and payroll paperwork can be left in a drop box set-up in the lobby entrance in the west side of the building.
The Senior Center including Senior Dining is closed during this time.
Staff will be available to answer your calls between 8a-5p (Monday-Friday). If no answer, please leave a message and we will call you back. Thank you for your patience during this time.
Parks and Recreation Director