5/29/2020: View our Ramsey Park Covid Reopening Plan
A quick update from the RACC concerning the Parks and Recreation Department in response to Governor Walz turning the dial to Phase II starting on June 1st.
Unfortunately, the RACC will remain closed. Again, no timeframe has been set to re-open, but it looks to be included in Phase IV of his plan. We will continue to address memberships a month at a time. The plan moving forward will be just like previous months detailed below.
*Continuous memberships (12-month ACH) will not see an automatic withdraw on June 15th. If you have fulfilled your membership terms (12-months), you have the option to cancel your membership.
*A 6 month ACH membership will also not see a withdraw on June 15th. We will extend your membership and payment for three months to ensure you still get your 6-month membership fulfilled.
*1-month memberships will be extended the days missed due to the closure.
*Memberships purchased in full have been extended three months.
*All membership punch passes and fitness punch cards have been extended three months.
*24/7 access cards will be extended to ensure they are in line with your membership.
ADULT RECREATION: Current regulations do not allow groups of more than 10 to congregate at any one place. With that in mind, we are delaying registration deadlines for Adult Recreation activities (sand volleyball, men’s softball and church league softball). Please contact Tim Prahl, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are interested in participating once we are allowed to form a league.
YOUTH RECREATION: With concerns for the health and safety of all participants and instructors, the Parks and Recreation Department has made the decision to postpone/cancel all youth recreation activities for the month of June. While each of the camps and lessons are unique, some we have decided to cancel, while other will be postponed until later in the summer. If a camp or activity is canceled, you will receive a full refund.
If the League of MN Cities and MN Department of Health allows for any type of activity, our department will do our best to try and offer any type of activity in June within the guidelines presented. Currently, we are not allowing any youth activity registration. You can view programs online but unable to register. This will continue until we have received more guidance from the above departments.
RAMSEY PARK: The campground will be allowed to open on June 1st. COVID-19 guidelines are currently being worked on and will be posted as soon as they are established. Reservations can be made online or by calling the RACC. Continue to practice social distancing while in the park and no congregating of more than 10 people allowed anywhere in the park.
AQUATIC CENTER: Due to Governor Walz Executive Order 20-63 (7:xii), the Redwood Falls Aquatic Center will not open as previously planned on June 5th. At this time, the department has delayed the opening of the pool until further guidance from the state can be obtained. No date is attached to the guidance nor the opening of the Aquatic Center. Thanks for your patience as we work through this process.
Below is the list of June camps and lessons with their updated statues:
City Rec T-ball/Softball/Baseball: Postponed start date to July 6th
Sports of Sorts: Postponed start date to July 7th
Cardinal Volleyball Camp: Postponed August 10 – 12
Cardinal Wrestling Camp: Postponed TBD
Junior Golf Lessons: Postponed start date to August 4 – 25 (Tuesdays)
Cardinal Girls Basketball Camp: Postponed to July 13 – 16
New Times: 6-9 Grade 8:30-10:00, 3-5 Grade 10:15-11:45, K-2 Grade 12:00-12:45
Distance Running Camp: Canceled (possibly offering something local later in the summer)
Track & Field Camp: Postponed to August 11 – 13
Youth Tennis Lessons: June Session is Canceled
Summer Gymnastics: June Session is Canceled
Redwood Area Gymnastics Academy: June Session is Canceled
Parent & Child Gymnastics: June Session is Canceled
Music in Me: Postponed to July 27 – 29 New Time: 9:00-9:45am
Music in Me for 3’s: Postponed to July 30 – 31 New Time: 9:00-9:45am
Sunshine Camp: Postponed to July 20 – 24 (Both Sessions)
Mini Sports Camp: June Session is Canceled
We are hoping to resume with our activities in July. We hope to release dates as soon as possible for camps listed as TBD.
If you have registered for an activity that has been postponed to a later date and that date no longer works with your schedule or you feel you no longer want your child to participate please notify us and we will issue a full refund for your registration. For those of you that are in June sessions that have been canceled and you would like to register for a July session, please call and let us know immediately so we can transfer you prior to refunding your money.