Friends of The Park
Please join the circle of friends: Join us as we preserve and protect Ramsey Park so generations to come can discover the welcoming beauty of our Park.
Together, we will work to gather funds through private donations, annual memberships, and fundraising events so we can help maintain and improve Ramsey Park.
Support the Friends of the Park
- Online Donation
- Become a Friends’ Member
- Give a membership to a friend or family member
- Donate to the park in honor of or in memory of friends or loved ones.
Ready To Be A Friend? Two types of friend memberships are available to best meet your personal interest and skills:
Associate Members help Friends of the Park maintain and improve features within Ramsey Park through their membership fees.
Active Members help Friends of the Park maintain and improve features within R
amsey Park through their membership fees and may be contacted by a board member to volunteer to help in the following ways
1. Join the group in planning fundraising events.
2. Volunteer your time at fundraising events.
Annual Membership Options:
|Child (12 & under)||$5.00||--|
|Senior (over 65)||$15.00||$10.00|
Bricks, Planters & Benches
We need your help to create relaxing sitting areas in Ramsey Park Zoo along the new Redwood R
iver Walk as well as our miles of trails throughout the park, playground areas, and fishing piers.
Nestled in the zoo area will be opportunities for donations for a brick, planters, benches, or exhibit plaque showing sponsorship of an animal exhibit. Throughout the rest of the park there will be opportunities for picnic tables. Each item will have the name of your choice on it.
As an example, you could use one of the following to be inscribed in an item of your choice:
- Your own name
- “In memory of” a loved one
- Grandchild or grandchildren names
- Children or children names
- Club or organization
- Your company’s name
Bricks start at $150
Benches start at $550 (includes the donor plaque) -
Benches only available in other City parks, no more benches for $550 available at Ramsey Park
Picnic tables start at $950 (includes the donor plaque)
Recent Projects - Completed Summer 2017
- Trail Maintenance (Replace trails with concrete)
- Bathroom Renovation at Falls Shelter
- New bathroom at Perks Park/Westside Park
- Zeb Gray Shelter Reservations
- Ramsey Park Zoo Renovations
- Ramsey Park Falls Overlook Renovation
- Fun and Safe Playground Equipment
- Ramsey Park Campground Improvements
- Park Shelters, Park Benches, and more!
Friends of the Park have been aggressively working to raise funds for the zoo renovations and other park projects that started in 2008. Methods of fundraising to date are:
- Annual Ramsey Park Jamboree (volunteers for Park & Recreation Commission)
- Brick Sales for Redwood River Walk
- Resting Area (see Brick Sales link)
- Bench sales and Picnic Tables sales (Only benches remaining for sale are in other city parks)
- Associate & Active Memberships
(Grants received in 2009 are: Monsanto Fund $10,000, Great River Energy $500, Redwood Electric Trust $500, Meadowland Farmers Coop $2,500 and Land ‘O Lakes $2,500;
Grants received in 2010 are: Southwest Initiative Foundation $10,000 and Community Pride Awards $1,250 and MNDNR Legacy Parks and Trail grant award of $141,625.00;
Grants received in 2012 are: MNDNR Legacy Parks and Trail grant award of $232,200.00)
- Donations from private individuals, corporations and organizations
Ramsey Park Jamboree
Friends of the Park
c/o Minnwest Bank
PO Box 439
Redwood Falls, MN 56283
- Brenda Joines: President
- Theresa Oberloh: Vice-President
- Ann Tiffany: Secretary
- Gail Ripka: Treasurer
- Teresa Karsky
- Anna Thomes
- Anna Kurtz
- Lisa Hansen
- Angie Parker-Schmidt
Contact The Friends of the Park, complete the form below.