The conference and meeting center is available for a wide variety of functions. From weddings to business meetings — trade shows to family gatherings; the conference center can be used as one large center or divided into smaller rooms. A complete array of round and rectangular tables, chairs, podiums, audio-visual equipment and even a stage are available for your use. An outdoor patio complements your event and is the designated smoking area. The conference center features a special lobby for pre-registrations, guest check-in, coat check, refreshment breaks, or whatever your needs might be. A spacious catering kitchen makes food service easy and convenient. With certain conditions, bartender services are provided and alcohol is permitted in the conference center only.
- Contact the main Community Center office staff to make requests for a reservation date. The Building Staff will then process reservation requests. A rental contract will be completed before a reservation is confirmed. (507-644-2333)
- Reservations may be made up to two years in advance.
- A complete reservation includes an executed rental contract and deposit paid. Reservations are made based on availability and on a first come, first serve basis.
- Tentative reservations may be taken over the phone and space will be held seven (7) days from date of request.
- One contact person must be designated to make all arrangements with Community Center staff.
- Once a rental contract has been authorized, the holder cannot assign, transfer nor sublet to another party the use of the facility they reserved.
- Rental events must conclude by 12:00 midnight; all guests must vacate the building by 12:30 a.m.; events with liquor/bar closes at 11:30 p.m.; events with DJ/band at 11:45 p.m.; unless other arrangements are made prior to the event. A fee will be charged for late departures.
- Rental rates are dependent upon size of room, length of use (min. 2 hour rental), and user category.
- Rental rates are established by resolution of the City Council and subject to change. Consult a current rental rate schedule.
- A rental deposit of 50% of the room rental is required to guarantee a reservation. The balance of the total rental fees, including the required damage deposit, is due at least 30 days prior to the rental date. If all fees are not paid in full 30 days prior to the rental date, the reservation will be canceled. If a reservation is made less than 30 days prior to the rental date, the rental payment and damage deposit are due at the time of reservation. If the payment is not received, the reservation will be canceled. No interest will be paid on rental deposits.
- Rental rates include the designated room, podium, coat rack, portable bar, and standard table and chair set-up. Note: China, glassware and flatware are not provided.
- Fees cover the use of reserved facilities according to the hours indicated on the rental contract. This includes all set-up time by the caterer and/or the rental party. Use of the catering kitchen is included with your rental. Please note: Multiple groups may be using the catering kitchen simultaneously – so there is no “exclusive use” of the kitchen.
- Audio-visual equipment is available for an additional charge. Consult a current rental rate schedule.
- Rentals require a damage deposit to be paid.
- No interest will be paid on the damage deposit.
- Any amount withheld from the damage deposit will be commensurate with the value of damage caused by the rental party in the determination of the Building Staff.
- Damage deposit amounts are established by resolution of the City Council and are subject to change. Consult a current rental rate schedule for damage deposit amounts.
- Building Staff will inspect the rental area immediately upon conclusion of the rental event for any damages.
- The City reserves the right to use any and all legal means to secure monetary remediation from the rental party for damages in excess of the damage deposit.
- Damage deposits will be returned to the rental party three weeks after the date stated on the rental contract if there is no withholding for damages.
CANCELLATION OF RENTALS AND REFUNDS
- Only the person signing the rental contract may make cancellations. The renter may only cancel the reservation by giving written notice to the Building Staff. See Cancellation Notice Form. Renter acknowledges that securing rental space at the Community Center limits opportunities other groups would otherwise have to rent the space. In the event of a cancellation, the renter will be reimbursed on the following scale:
- If the cancellation notice is received more than 180 days prior to the event, renter will receive a refund of the entire rental fee less a $25.00 handling charge.
- If the cancellation notice is received less than 180 days but more than 30 days prior to the event, renter will receive a refund equal to 50% of the rental fee.
- If the cancellation notice is received less than 30 days prior to the event, renter will not receive a refund of any portion of the rental fee.
- Alcohol use is permitted in the Conference Center and Civic Arena under certain conditions and must only be available as part of a rental contract. Consult ‘Liquor Contract’ for procedures regarding use of alcohol.
SMOKING AND GAMBLING
- Smoking is prohibited in the Redwood Area Community Center. Please notify your guests about the no smoking policy. Smoking is permitted outside of the Community Center. Any guest smoking inside the facility will result in forfeiture of the damage deposit.
- Gambling is prohibited in the Redwood Area Community Center unless approved by permit for authorized charitable gaming.
- All decorating plans must be pre-approved by the Building Staff. See ‘Decorating Form’.
- Candles may be used if flame is within a glass container. For safety reasons open flame candles are prohibited.
- To preserve the condition of the Community Center for you and other users, decorations, banners or signs cannot be taped, pinned or affixed to the walls, ceilings or windows unless permission has been granted by the Building Staff.
- To preserve the flooring and floor cleaning equipment, the use of sand, loose flower petals, rice, confetti including types such s metallic, plastic and paper is not permitted as a decoration in the Community Center and associated areas.
- No smoke or fog from the DJ or band is allowed.
USE OF FURNISHINGS
- Objects (including tables) must be carried across the floor unless they are on wheels. (Please do not drag items across the floor.)
- Furnishings (including tables and chairs) are not permitted outside of the building. Renters may bring their own outdoor furniture as desired.
TABLE LINENS AND CONTRACTED ITEMS
- Table linens are available exclusively through the Redwood Area Community Center. Note:?China, glassware and flatware are not provided. The renter should arrange for contracted items (dishes, etc.) to be removed from the facility no later than 12 hours (24 hours for Saturday rentals) after the event date. The Redwood Area Community Center is not responsible for any items left at the facility.
CATERING KITCHEN USAGE
- A spacious catering kitchen makes food service easy and convenient.
- Use of the catering kitchen is permitted as part of a room rental contract. Please note: Multiple groups may be using the catering kitchen simultaneously – so there is no “exclusive use” of the kitchen.
- The following are descriptions of user groups:
- Category A: City of Redwood Falls, ISD 2897 and their ancillary organizations. (No damage deposit required.)
- Category B: Civic, charitable, service clubs, and other governmental organizations.
- Category C: Private individuals, organizations, or businesses.
- There is no charge for Category A. Rental rates for Categories B and C are established by resolution of the City Council and subject to change. Consult a current rental rate schedule.
- The renter should arrange for contracted items (dishes, etc.) to be removed from the facility no later than 12 hours (24 hours for Saturday rentals) after the event date. The Redwood Area Community Center is not responsible for any items left at the facility.
- To help insure the safety of guests and users, as well as promoting a successful event, disorderly conduct is prohibited and punishable by ejection for the disorderly person(s) from the facility.
- Neither the City of Redwood Falls nor I.S.D. 2897, or their employees or agents, shall be liable for any claims, demands, injuries, actions or causes of actions whatsoever made against me or the organization, or its property, arising out of or connected to my actions or the organization’s actions related to this rental agreement.
- The rental party takes full responsibility for conduct of its guests or others present during the rental period, and for any loss, breakage or damage to the rooms, equipment or other property caused or incurred during the rental period.
- The City of Redwood Falls and ISD 2897 are not liable for any loss, damage, injury or illness by the renter of the facilities in the Community Center. Neither the City of Redwood Falls, ISD 2897 nor its employees or agents can be held responsible for any items that are left at the facility by either the renter, caterer or contracted services. Any personal property kept in or at the facility will be at renters’ own risk, and the City of Redwood Falls, ISD 2897, its Officials, Employees and Agents accept no responsibility for private property left after an event.
- In the interest of fairness to all users, sound levels for bands/DJ’s and audio equipment shall be maintained at a responsible level.
- The renter must comply with all applicable City ordinances, State statutes, Federal laws and the rules of the Redwood Area Community Center.
- Specific to rental party, all tables should be cleared off after the event and all trash consolidated into the proper receptacles. All decorations and personal items must be removed from the facility. Renters may elect to have the Building Staff do all post-event cleaning which will result in forfeiture of the damage deposit.
- Youth activity groups (participant ages 17 and younger) must be chaperoned on a ratio of one adult per ten youth, or other ratio, as staff deems necessary.
- All rental contracts shall be signed by a person or persons authorized to sign the contract on behalf of the user group.